1. Project must be located in the Province of Ontario.
2. Project must be completed between July 1, 2009 and June 30, 2013 (for exceptions see 4). Completion date will be the substantial completion date as published in the Daily Commercial News or, if unpublished for any reason, as recorded on the architect’s certificate of substantial completion. In Residential categories, it will be based on the issue date of an Occupancy Permit.
3. Project has not been previously submitted to the Ontario Masonry Design Awards (for exceptions see 4).
4. The Artistic Use of Masonry, and Revitalization categories are the only exceptions to the above two rules. Due to the nature of these categories the date of completion may be prior to July 1, 2009. Projects previously submitted to the Ontario Masonry Design Awards can be re-entered as submissions for these two categories alone.
5. Masonry construction must have been completed by a masonry contractor signatory to the Ontario Provincial Conference (OPC) of the International Union of Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers (IUBAC) and/or the Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers Union (BACU) agreement; and the Labourers’ International Union of North America (LIUNA) and the Labourers’ International Union of North America, Ontario Provincial District Council (OPDC); or to the Bricklayers, Masons Independent Union of Canada, Local 1, the Universal Workers Union, LIUNA, Local 183 and the Masonry Council of Unions Toronto and Vicinity.
6. Building/structure types described in the Categories section of this Entry Guide are eligible.
7. Projects that qualify in multiple categories may be entered into a maximum of two categories.
8. Poor quality images may disqualify a submission. (See page 18 of the Entry Guide for image specifications)